Virginia Tech coordinated and hosted the 2018 Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy or CHEP. Virginia Tech is a founding member of the NLCVA organization (when it was known as ECVA) and has remained an active participant. Through our Event Sponsorship program, NLCVA had the opportunity to sponsor the event by covering food costs for the conference reception, which took place Wednesday, February 14 in the Skelton Conference Center.
The next NLCVA Membership meeting is scheduled for
Monday, 1/22/18, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
VCU (in the Online@VCU office)
Academic Learning Commons
1000 Floyd Avenue, Room 4100
Street parking is available. Alternatively, the closest parking garages are the Broad Street Garage and the West Cary Street deck. Here’s the link to parking information: https://parking.vcu.edu/parking/visitors/ .
Join Via Zoom:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/991344405
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,991344405# or +16465588656,,991344405#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)：
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656
Meeting ID: 991 344 405
- What’s Up Roundtable
- Legislative Update from the General Assembly
- CHEP Sponsorship
- Proposed nomination process for Executive Committee
- Proposed process for moving to independent 501c3 status
If you’ve not completed the brief survey about this meeting and more, you can access it here: https://goo.gl/forms/x9qKWJmWeqALn88w2
The next NLCVA membership meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 13, 2017. We will meet online through Zoom. If you did not receive the connection information, please contact Sarah Cheverton at email@example.com.
The suggested agenda is as follows:
- Review of September Meeting Discussion (unedited version of notes available on Google)
- White Paper: review purpose and potential target audiences; based on initial discussion around policy and governance, craft a list of topics that should be addressed; identify “research and writing teams” for topics; determine tentative target date for drafts
- Upcoming conferences that members plan to attend; discuss potential value in sponsoring/hosting informal discussion sessions around white paper topics.
- Other news?
- Next meeting: Monday, January 22, UVA/VT Richmond Center (and online)
Our first membership meeting for 17-18 is scheduled for next Thursday, September 14, 1:00-3:00pm at the VCCS Office in Midlothian. The address is 300 Arboretum Place.
Thursday, September 14 Meeting Agenda
If you cannot attend on-site, you are welcome to attend virtually through Zoom:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/446921347
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16465588656,,446921347# or +16699006833,,446921347#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833
Meeting ID: 446 921 347
From the conference website……. The 10th Annual Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy is focused on higher education teaching excellence and the scholarship of teaching and learning. The conference showcases the best pedagogical practice and research…..[MORE]
Proposals are due by 12:00 NOON on Friday, September 15, 2017. Go here for more information.
- Did you know that 59% of online college students do in fact travel to campus between 1 and 5 times per year?
- Did you know that for the first time, a higher percentage of online students shopped around for the right school instead of checking into just one school?
- Did you know that 77% of online college students reported taking advantage of their school’s career services?
Take a look at the infographic of highlights from the report, Online College Students 2017: Comprehensive Data on Demands and Preferences conducted by Aslanian Market Research and The Learning House, Inc. Go here for more information and a full copy of the report.
Our first meeting of the 17-18 academic year is scheduled for Thursday, September 14, 2017, 1:00-3:00 at the VCCS Office in Midlothian. More information forthcoming. Enjoy the summer!