NLCVA’s Annual Retreat is scheduled for Monday, May 21, 9:30-3:00. We will meet in Room E of Zehmer Hall on UVA’s campus. The details are as follows:
Zehmer Hall (UVA)
104 Midmont Ln, Charlottesville, VA 22903
Room Location: Room E (lower level)
Parking is free, but you need to get a permit from the Welcome Desk inside the building. If you have questions, ask for George DiGiacomo (CIO), the host of School of Continuing and Professional Studies.
Zoom Link Details for the NLCVA Retreat on May 21st:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/817911263
Or iPhone one-tap : 16465588656,,817911263#
Or Telephone: 1 646 558 8656
Meeting ID: 817 911 263
Will order lunch from Panera. Kristen will be sending out a form to collect your order so she can submit it ahead of time.
- Results of Officer Election (and volunteers if needed)
- Introductions and What’s Up?
- Status of Financial Transition options
- Year in Review
- Active Review of Whitepaper Content To Date (see document here)
- Discussion about Cross-Institutional Initiatives (see John Becker’s 5/9 email and reference to Inside Higher Ed article
- Next Year
The next NLCVA membership meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 19, 1:00-3:00 p.m. We will meet virtually.
Use the following information to connect:
Or Telephone: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656
Meeting ID: 448 556 171
Mike Murphy, Director of Academic and Technology Support at William & Mary will facilitate a Special Interest Group (SIG) session at the upcoming Association of College Computing Services (ACCS) Conference in Portsmouth, VA. Go here for details: NLCVA SIG Session
Virginia Tech coordinated and hosted the 2018 Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy or CHEP. Virginia Tech is a founding member of the NLCVA organization (when it was known as ECVA) and has remained an active participant. Through our Event Sponsorship program, NLCVA had the opportunity to sponsor the event by covering food costs for the conference reception, which took place Wednesday, February 14 in the Skelton Conference Center.
The next NLCVA Membership meeting is scheduled for
Monday, 1/22/18, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
VCU (in the Online@VCU office)
Academic Learning Commons
1000 Floyd Avenue, Room 4100
Street parking is available. Alternatively, the closest parking garages are the Broad Street Garage and the West Cary Street deck. Here’s the link to parking information: https://parking.vcu.edu/parking/visitors/ .
Join Via Zoom:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/991344405
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,991344405# or +16465588656,,991344405#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)：
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656
Meeting ID: 991 344 405
- What’s Up Roundtable
- Legislative Update from the General Assembly
- CHEP Sponsorship
- Proposed nomination process for Executive Committee
- Proposed process for moving to independent 501c3 status
If you’ve not completed the brief survey about this meeting and more, you can access it here: https://goo.gl/forms/x9qKWJmWeqALn88w2
The next NLCVA membership meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 13, 2017. We will meet online through Zoom. If you did not receive the connection information, please contact Sarah Cheverton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The suggested agenda is as follows:
- Review of September Meeting Discussion (unedited version of notes available on Google)
- White Paper: review purpose and potential target audiences; based on initial discussion around policy and governance, craft a list of topics that should be addressed; identify “research and writing teams” for topics; determine tentative target date for drafts
- Upcoming conferences that members plan to attend; discuss potential value in sponsoring/hosting informal discussion sessions around white paper topics.
- Other news?
- Next meeting: Monday, January 22, UVA/VT Richmond Center (and online)
Our first membership meeting for 17-18 is scheduled for next Thursday, September 14, 1:00-3:00pm at the VCCS Office in Midlothian. The address is 300 Arboretum Place.
Thursday, September 14 Meeting Agenda
If you cannot attend on-site, you are welcome to attend virtually through Zoom:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/446921347
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16465588656,,446921347# or +16699006833,,446921347#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833
Meeting ID: 446 921 347