The next NLCVA membership meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 13, 2017. We will meet online through Zoom. If you did not receive the connection information, please contact Sarah Cheverton at email@example.com.
The suggested agenda is as follows:
- Review of September Meeting Discussion (unedited version of notes available on Google)
- White Paper: review purpose and potential target audiences; based on initial discussion around policy and governance, craft a list of topics that should be addressed; identify “research and writing teams” for topics; determine tentative target date for drafts
- Upcoming conferences that members plan to attend; discuss potential value in sponsoring/hosting informal discussion sessions around white paper topics.
- Other news?
- Next meeting: Monday, January 22, UVA/VT Richmond Center (and online)
Our first membership meeting for 17-18 is scheduled for next Thursday, September 14, 1:00-3:00pm at the VCCS Office in Midlothian. The address is 300 Arboretum Place.
Thursday, September 14 Meeting Agenda
If you cannot attend on-site, you are welcome to attend virtually through Zoom:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/446921347
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16465588656,,446921347# or +16699006833,,446921347#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833
Meeting ID: 446 921 347
From the conference website……. The 10th Annual Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy is focused on higher education teaching excellence and the scholarship of teaching and learning. The conference showcases the best pedagogical practice and research…..[MORE]
Proposals are due by 12:00 NOON on Friday, September 15, 2017. Go here for more information.
NLCVA is helping to sponsor the upcoming IDEAx Annual Meeting and Workshop. It is scheduled to meet the day after our September meeting and in the same location:
September 15, 2017
Virginia Community College System
300 Arboretum Place
IDEAx is the Instructional Development EducationalExchange Alliance (http://ideaxcommunity.weebly.com/)
- Did you know that 59% of online college students do in fact travel to campus between 1 and 5 times per year?
- Did you know that for the first time, a higher percentage of online students shopped around for the right school instead of checking into just one school?
- Did you know that 77% of online college students reported taking advantage of their school’s career services?
Take a look at the infographic of highlights from the report, Online College Students 2017: Comprehensive Data on Demands and Preferences conducted by Aslanian Market Research and The Learning House, Inc. Go here for more information and a full copy of the report.
Our first meeting of the 17-18 academic year is scheduled for Thursday, September 14, 2017, 1:00-3:00 at the VCCS Office in Midlothian. More information forthcoming. Enjoy the summer!
NLCVA’s third annual retreat is scheduled for Monday, May 15, approximately 9:30am-3:00pm. We will meet at UVA. The retreat is a time to review this year’s activities, plan for the next academic year, and discuss ideas for enhancing “the NLCVA experience.” More details to follow! Please feel welcome to attend even if your institution is not (yet) a member!